I actually feel that for learning data science, you will need a minimum of six months of time that can be further bifurcated to 10-14 hours a week. However, it also will depend on your grasping power as well as a prior understanding of mathematical/ programming abilities which can deaccelerate or perhaps accelerate your learning. I might also tell you, you might be well familiar with the elements of data science after six weeks but to actually perfect it and land up inside a fantasy job, it demands much more than surface learning. Though you are able to start focusing on the fresher level as well as scale up the mastery of yours as you work in projects that are different.
Below are actually the 12 most essential things you can try to switch to a data science career path:
- Hands-on Practice: Do plenty of hands-on practicals and coding in the form of end-to-end tasks in groups, teams as well as individually.
- Work on Projects: Complete a number of guided and unguided tasks end to end not only in piece meals or maybe baby steps.
- Work in Teams: The power to work in a mentor lead team is incredibly important and you have to scout for solving some intriguing issues together.
- Build GitHub Portfolio: Over a time of six to eight weeks create an incredibly impressive Github portfolio.
- Blog Actively: Blog regarding the different data science projects you been effective on social channels like LinkedIn, Facebook, and so on.
- Participate in Hackathons: Participate across all end-to-end mentor-led hackathons where learners get the opportunity to operate in teams to resolve an issue statement in the specified time constraint.
- Network Systematically: It’s crucial to indulge in structured media and create a proper LinkedIn profile.
- Attend Meetups: Meetups are actually the location in which you can get the internships, tasks, program learning opportunities, etcetera.
- Master a Domain: Machine Learning is vast. Go straight into the depths of more than one subject and master it thoroughly.
- Get an internship: Getting an internship is actually the easiest way to change out of your learning self to encounter self. It is going to provide you the real-life exposure to the way business issues get solved and tackled. And in case you did well, you will get a job as well!
- Be Patient: Give time to yourself. Understand that the transition cannot be rushed. You will have to put in 6 to 8 months to make a meaningful career change.
- Go for Multiple Interviews: Before landing on your dream job, you must do a sequence of interviews.